Approximately 1200 Newcrest Orange Challenge bike riders will be travelling through the region on Sunday, March 5 and as a result there will be changed traffic conditions in place.
The riders will travel along roads in Orange, Cabonne, Cowra and Blayney Council areas covering a distance of approximately 170kms.
On Sunday, March 5 the following closures will be in place:
- Cargo Rd and Coronation Dr between the Mitchell Hwy and Bowan Park Rd between 6:30am and 8:30am.
- Bowan Park Rd between Cargo Rd and Davys Plains Rd from 6:30am to 9:30am.
- Davys Plains Rd between Bowan Park and Cargo Rd between 6:30am and 10am.
- Cargo Rd between Davys Plains and Canowindra Road from 7:30am and 11am.
- Belubula Way between Rodd St and the Mid Western Hwy from 8:30am to 2pm.
- Loquat St between Belubula Way and Gold St (Burnt Yards Rd) from 10am to 2pm.
- Burnt Yards, Errowanbang & Tallwood Rds between the Mid Western Hwy and Forest Reefs Rd from 9:45am to 3:45pm.
- Forest Reefs Rd between Long Swamp Rd and Orchard Rd from 11am to 4:30pm.
- Moorbel residents can access Canowindra via Floods Rd/Cable St during the above times when Cargo Rd and Belubula Way are closed under direction of traffic controllers.
In addition to the restricted vehicle access there will be changed traffic conditions which may include speed reductions, presence of traffic controllers, police and event vehicles – plus of course, increased bike rider numbers on the roads.
- Changed conditions will be in place on the Canowindra Rd/Rodd St between Cargo Rd and Belubula Way from 8am to 11.30am.
- Orchard Rd between Forest Reefs and Forest Rd from 11am to 4pm.
- Forest Rd between Orchard & Southern Distributor Rd from 11am to 4:30pm.
- The Southern Distributor Rd between Forest Rd and Anson St, Orange from 11:30am to 4:30pm.
- Anson St, Orange between the Southern Distributor Rd & Moulder St from 11:30am to 4:30pm.
- Moulder St (Finish) between Anson St and Sale St from 11:30am to 4:30pm and Sale St between Moulder and Warrendine St from 11:30am to 4:30pm.
These arrangements, which take into consideration the safety of all road users, have been implemented following extensive consultation with local councils, Roads and Maritime Services and NSW Police Services. Additional information regarding the event and the route can be found at www.bicyclenetwork.com.au/orangechallenge/community/, or by contacting Bicycle Network on 1800 639 634.
For information and advice on the day, please contact Event Assistance on 0425 777 484 or 0425 381 816.
Also, entries are open until the event date so there’s still plenty of time to join in on the ride!
Or if you want to be involved in a team that helps riders, then come join the community and volunteer to help deliver this iconic event. For details visit www.bicyclenetwork.com.au/orange-challenge/
If you live on part of the ride, we do encourage you to come out and cheer the riders on “Tour de France” style as the ride past your property.
We do apologise for any disruption this event might cause you and thank you in advance for your patience on the day.