Canowindra Show secretary Catherine Blyth has highlighted a number of events on the show’s schedule worth getting excited about.
Firstly the stunt riding on Friday night and Saturday afternoon performed by R.A.C.E Entertainment daredevil Alicia Bourke is expected to have show-goers on the edge of their seat.
The fireworks at 8pm on Friday are always a highlight.
A comedy magician will entertain on Saturday performing three lots of one hour shows.
Saturday’s chook washing is sure to gather interest while the return of the tractor pull also on Saturday is always popular.
The dog show is also set for Saturday at the southern end of the Showground.
Check out the timetable below.
Friday, September 22
- 8am: Show Jumping
- 9am: Pony Club event
- 9am: Cobley pavilion judging. Closed to the public while in progress
- 10am: Prime Sheep, Wool
- 2pm: Fat lamb judging
- 4pm: Children’s entertainment begin and runs till 6pm
- 7pm: Show opening
- 7pm: Farmer’s challenge, family competitions and live music at the bar begins.
- 7.30pm: Trick riding display
- 8pm: Fireworks
- 10pm: Close
Saturday, September 23
- 8am: Show jumping
- 8am: Animal nursery all day
- 8.30am: Sport shear throughout the day
- 9am: Horse riding and saddle events
- 9am: Judging- Stud cattle, British and Australian breeds sheep, Merino sheep, poultry, goats
- 9am: Display of vintage tractors and cars
- 10am: Free children’s entertainment running throughout the day
- 11.30am: Chook washing
- 12pm: Trick riding display (front of grand stand)
- 12.30pm: Chook washing
- 1.15pm: Jillaroo and Jackaroo competition (front of grand stand)
- 2.15pm: Sashing of the Canowindra Showgirl 2017
- 2.30pm: Grand parade
- 2.30pm: Horse events, wood chop, sport shear
- 6pm: Close