Congratulations to the Cowra team of D. Dye, Marlene Nicholls & Sharon Bohanna on their win of the 2019 District Triples when they defeated the Canowindra team of Betty Jenkins, Jenny Middleton & Dianne Mooney in the Final played on Tuesday afternoon, June 4. Well done Canowindra girls making the final.
Thank to the umpire, Sheryn O'Malveney and to Mark "Sparky" Wright on preparing the green.
- Diane Slattery, Marion Wilson & Christine Pickard had an 18 all draw against Liz Thornberry, Daph Bryant & Sandy McDonald.
- Christine Pickard & Sandy McDonald competed in the Wagga Invitation Pairs played the weekend of 1st & 2nd of June, they came 9th out of 26 teams. They enjoyed their time in Wagga.
- The Lucky Draw was won by Betty Jenkins with No. 36.
- The April Points Score was won by Nancy Morrow & Colleen Crump with 23 points.
On Sunday, June 9, we played an 18 Hole Stableford. Thanks to Canowindra Produce for sponsoring the day. Winner on the day was Dave Carmen with 34 points. Runner up was Matt Devlin with 33 points. Thanks to Maureen for cooking lunch.
Next weeks event is an 18 Hole June Monthly Medal sponsored by Bruce Armstrong.
CONSISTENCY SINGLES RESULTS (LAST SUNDAY)
- Roger Traves played Tot Fisher where the scores were close for most of the game but Tot was able to edge away to win the game 151-139.
- Nick Delaney played Tony Tuimauga where Tony led throughout the game to win 151-139.
- Peter Taylor played Steve Kirkman where Peter had a comfortable win 151-119.
- Kevin Walker and Dool Beath against Ron Symons and Garry Fairley. Kevin and Dool won this match 27-22.
Saturday June 15 | Minor pairs
- L Nunn and D Watt vs N Delaney and P Markcrow.
- NOTE: Winner of this game will play T Tuimauga and A Wyburn on Sunday.
Sunday June 16 | O'Brien Cup
- R Traves and B McClintock vs N Delaney and P Lees.
Sunday June 16 | Consistency Singles
- T Mooney vs G Fairley Marker: W Fisher.
- C Webb vs I Nelder. Marker S Kirkman.
- V Mirto vs M Wright. Marker D Beath.
FUZZ THOMPSON MEMORIAL TRIPLES DAY RETURNS (SUNDAY JUNE 23)
$1260 in prize money. Three games of 13 ends with two games played prior to lunch. Play commences 9am. $90 per team includes Chinese lunch. Please arrange your teams and nominate by putting your names in a book behind bar.
- Wednesday badge draw will be $800. Friday badge draw will be $600. Sunday badge draw will be $750. Bingo this Thursday 11am.
TIGERS ENJOY WEEK OFF
While the Canowindra Tigers are currently enjoying their week-off, both men's and women's teams will be keen to resume the second phase off their seasons as they play the Trundle Boomers this Sunday at Berryman Oval.
The men's and women's teams sit in fifth after the mid-season bye, and will be looking to consolidate and work their way up the ladder throughout the second half of the season.
Meanwhile, the men's Boomers sit on top of the ladder undefeated after the first nine rounds of the season, while the women's side is at seventh place on two wins and six losses.