THE best of the best in tourism operators across the region have been announced as finalists in the 2019 Regional Tourism Awards.
Held annually, the awards have recognised 150 leading tourism businesses, events and visitor experiences.
Regional Tourism Awards chair Jane Barnes said the final contenders were an impressive cohort and they included: destinations, events, restaurants, wineries and accommodation providers.
"This year's finalists showcase the best of the regional New South Wales tourism industry and some amazing individuals and operators," she said.
"Each of these finalists is now in the running to be named a winner at our four award celebrations to be held in a few weeks' time.
This year's finalists showcase the best of the regional New South Wales tourism industry and some amazing individuals and operators.Regional Tourism Awards chair Jane Barnes
"The Regional Tourism Awards are an invaluable opportunity for the industry to come together and celebrate business excellence across the sector".
Ms Barnes said the awards have been credited for elevating regional tourism businesses to achieve state-wide and national acclaim.
Winners of the Regional Tourism Awards gain finalist status upon entering the NSW Tourism Awards, and if successful, go onto the Australian Tourism Awards.
Each region will be hosting an event to celebrate the finalists and award winners in each category in late July and early August.
Finalists have been announced in four categories: Country and Outback and Riverina Murray (combined); North Coast; Sydney Surrounds North; and Sydney Surrounds South and Southern NSW (combined).
Winners of the Country and Outback and Riverina Murray (combined) region will be announced in Dubbo on Saturday, July 27.
Country and Outback and Destination Riverina Murray Finalists
Note: Listed in alphabetical order
- Albury Visitor Information Centre - Albury
- All Seasons Houseboats - Mildura
- Altina Wildlife Park - Darlington Point
- Bathurst Visitor Information Centre - Bathurst
- Belisi Farmstay Tours - Wagga Wagga
- Bundyi Cultural Tours - Wagga Wagga
- Bathurst Winter Festival - Bathurst
- Cactus Country - Strathmerton
- Cadell on the Murray Motel Resort - Moama
- Cameo Inn Motel - West Wyalong
- City Centre Motor Inn - Armidale
- Corowa Distilling Co - Corowa
- Courabyra Wines - Tumbarumba
- Crown Hotel Wentworth - Wentworth
- DC on the Lake Pty Ltd - Mulwala
- Deni Ute Muster - Deniliquin
- Dubbo Regional Council - Dubbo
- Eldee Station - Broken Hill
- Faraway Domes - Warialda
- Field to Forest Festival - Oberon
- Food I Am - Wagga Wagga
- Fossey's Gin - Mildura
- Grazing Down the Lachlan - Forbes
- Great Aussie Holiday Park - Bowna
- Heifer Station Wines Pty Ltd - Orange
- Kirsten Serviced Accommodation - Mudgee
- Manera Heights Apartments - Dubbo
- Mantra Hotel - Albury
- Mudgee Region Tourism - Mudgee
- Murray Offroad Adventures - Mildura
- Old Dubbo Gaol - Dubbo
- Orange Visitor Information Centre - Orange
- Outback Astronomy - Broken Hill
- Peppertree Hill - Mudgee
- Rich Glen Olive Estate - Yarrawonga
- Sierra Escape - Mudgee
- Silver Compass Tours - Orange
- Tamworth Country Music Festival - Tamworth
- The Age of Fishes Museum - Canowindra
- The Parkview Hotel - Mudgee
- The River Deck - Albury
- Trundle ABBA Festival - Trundle
- Warrambungle Visitor Information Centre - Warrumbungle
- Wolgan Valley Eco Tours - Wolgan Valley
- Yuinart - Glen Innes
Love local news?
Why not subscribe.