ROSE BOWL HANDICAP SINGLES | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 20
- Libby Balcombe defeated Jenny Middleton 26-21.
- Christine Pickard defeated Penny Nash 25-20.
- Deanna Noble defeated Lorne Burgess 27-14.
- Thanks to the markers: Liz Thornberry, Leanne Stevenson and Gwen Haydon.
ROSE BOWL HANDICAP SINGLES | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 24
- Deanna Noble defeated Leanne West 25-17. Thanks to the marker: Leanne Stevenson.
- Christine Pickard defeated Gwen Haydon 25-22. This match was played at Gooloogong.
- Joice McNaught and Sue Lynch defeated Joyce Middleton and Dianne Mooney 21-18.
- Daph Bryant, Moyna Rue and Sandy McDonald defeated Nancy Morrow, Marion Wilson and Robyn 19-18.
It was great having Sue and Robyn from Tumut Club, we are sure they enjoyed their morning with us.
The Lucky Draw was won by Liz Thornberry with number 25.
It was the Melbourne Cup Day on Tuesday, November 5 and no bowls was played. Sweeps were sold and a Chinese lunch was available for $12. Those who attended would have enjoyed the day.
ROSE BOWLS HANDICAP SCHEDULE | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 12
- Libby Balcombe vs Colleen Crump. Marker: Jenny Middleton
- Deanna Noble vs Christine Pickard. Marker: L. Burgess
We were sorry to hear of the recent death of Betty McCarron and our deepest sympathy is extended to her daughters Julie and Vicky.
When Betty lived in Canowindra, she was a member of our club for many years and was an excellent bowler, winning championships and competitions.
On Sunday, November 3, we held the Canowindra Open.
Thanks to McClintock's Machinery, Lawrence's IGA, Goonigal Poll Dorsets, Rue's Auto Service, Hamo Engineering and PA & CL McKenzie Builders for sponsoring the event. Thanks to Bruce, Collette and Barry for doing the BBQ for the day.
- Open Champion: Doug Flannery
- A Grade Runner-Up: Rob Hey
- A Grade Nett Winner: Rob Williamson
- A Grade Nett Runner-Up: Todd Barrow
- A Grade Longest Drive and NTP: Tyson Lane
- B Grade Champion: Dave Carman and Charlie Lawrence had the same scores and split the prize money.
- B Grade Nett Winner: Ross Noble
- B Grade Nett Runner-Up: Jeff Haley
- NTP: Charlie Lawrence
- Longest Drive: Jeff Haley
- C Grade Champion: Rob Lawrence
- C Grade Runner-Up: Matt Devlin
- C Grade Nett Winner: Don Ward
- C Grade Runner-Up: Rowley McCall
- C Grade Longest Drive: Chris Weaver
SOCIAL MIXED MUFTI BOWLS
20 bowlers competed in social mixed mufti bowls last Friday night, with the winners being Tony Tuimauga and Jenny Middleton, while the runners up were Nigel Knight and Liz Thornberry.
MIXED PAIRS FINAL
Last Saturday, Dool Beath and Joyce Middleton played against Roger Traves and Betty Jenkins. Dool and Joyce combined well to take control early in the game and lead throughout, winning the final 30-11.
Paul Markcrow, Steve Kirkman and Cyril Webb played against Westy Wyburn, Tony Tuimauga and Teddy Lawrence. After 15 ends Cyril's team were leading 13-9 but Teddy's team scored seven shots on the next end to lead 16-13, maintaining their lead from there to win 21-13.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 8
- Social mixed pairs mufti bowls sponsored by men's bowls. First 14 teams accepted with names in by 6pm for 6.30pm start. $10 per team. One game of 15 ends.
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 9 | MAJOR TRIPLES
- V Mirto, T Mooney and A Robson vs G Fairley, R Symons and I Nelder.
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 10 | MINOR TRIPLES
- G Fairley, R Symons and K Walker vs N Delaney, D Watt and L Nunn.
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 16
- Ron and Peggy Lynch Memorial Mixed Triples Day sponsored by Sue and Robert Lynch. $1320 in prize money. Winners and runners up prizes and 3x round prizes. Win and ends. Round robin tournament with all female/male or mixed teams. Play commences at 9.30am. Two semi-finals of four ends and one final of four ends. $90 per team includes Chinese lunch.
Wednesday badge draw will be $450, Friday badge draw will be $200, Sunday badge draw will be $1100 and Bingo is this Thursday at 11am.