Canowindra Women's Bowls
ROSE BOWL HANDICAP SEMI-FINALS | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 12
- Christine Pickard defeated Deanna Noble.
- Colleen Crump defeated Libby Balcombe.
ROSE BOWL HANDICAP FINAL | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 14
- Colleen Crump defeated Christine Pickard.
Congratulations Colleen - the Rose Bowl Handicap Singles winner for 2019. Thanks to the marker, Jill Messenger.
SOCIAL GAMES | RESULTS
- Joice McNaught and Daph Bryant defeated Marion Wilson and Liz Thornberry 16-11.
- Joyce Middleton and Sandy McDonald defeated Jill Messenger and Jeanette Wheeldon 14-10.
- Julie Wythes, Julie Wythes and Betty Jenkins defeated Linda Miller, Leanne Stevenson and Dianne Mooney 17-16. Julie played lead and second.
The Lucky Draw was won by Libby Balcombe.
CANOWINDRA GOLF CLUB
On Sunday, November 17, we played an 18 hole November Monthly Medal. 25 golfers teed off for the event. We also thank Jason Jeffress for his sponsorship.
The winner with a Nett 69 was Jeff Haley, second place was Ross Noble - on a threeway countback - with a Nett 70. The monthly medal winner for this month, Doug Flannery, placed in third.
Ned Grant, who also scored a Nett 70, was unlucky to miss out on a podium spot.
Next Sunday's event is an 18 hole Stableford sponsored by PA and CL McKenzie Builders.
CANOWINDRA MEN'S BOWLS
SOCIAL MIXED MUFTI BOWLS
16 bowlers competed in social mixed mufti bowls last Friday night, with the winners being Tot Fisher and Joice McNaught, and the runners up Tony Tuimauga and Penny Nash.
RON AND PEG LYNCH MEMORIAL MIXED TRIPLES DAY
Last Saturday the Ron and Peg Lynch Memorial Mixed Triples Day was held. Although there was only 10 teams competing everyone had an enjoyable day. The winners on the day were the team of Charlie McIntosh, Crock Watt and Tot Fisher, and the runners up were the team of Pat Kennedy/Eryn Traves, Peter Taylor and Roger Traves. The first round winners were the team of Nigel Knight, Brian McClintock and Karen Cox, while the second round winners were Les Ryan's Cumnock side.
The third round winners were the team of Tony Tuimauga Teddy Lawrence and Barney Robson.
Thanks to Sue and Robert Lynch who sponsored the day and also thanks to Mandy and Star who served up a beautiful Chinese buffet lunch. Thanks to Les Ryan for bringing a team from Cumnock.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 22 | SOCIAL MIXED MUFTI PAIRS BOWLS
- Sponsored by Men's Bowls. First 14 teams accepted with names in by 6pm for 6.30pm start. $10 per team. One game of 15 ends.
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 23 | MAJOR TRIPLES SEMI-FINAL
- G Fairley, R Symons and I Nelder vs P Lees, B Lees and Z Lees. Play will commence at 9am by mutual agreement.
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 24 | O'BRIEN CUP FINAL
- R Traves and B McClintock vs V Mirto and B Bourke.
Wednesday badge draw will be $550, Friday badge draw will be $400 and Sunday badge draw will be $1200. Bingo is this Thursday at 11am.
Canowindra Junior Cricket to run girls only cricket sessions
Set to take place next Wednesday (November 27), the Canowindra Junior Cricket Club is running a "Come and Try" session for girls from eight to 12 years of age at Canowindra Public School.
Running from 4 to 5pm, the free afternoon event could be a potential percursor for a girls only blaster program in term one of next year if there's enough demand from the local community.
Interested parties are advised to contact Andrew Phelan.