Central Tablelands Water, which services the communities of Canowindra, Eugowra, Manildra and Grenfell, has introduced Level 3 water restrictions.
Level 3 water restrictions mean:
- Watering of residential lawns by microsprays, drip systems and soaker hoses only from 6am to 9am and 6pm to 9pm every second day on the odds and evens system;
- Watering of residential gardens by microsprays, drip systems, soaker hoses only from 6am to 9am and 6pm to 9pm every second day on the odds and evens system;
- Irrigation of new turf is permitted for one week after laying, then usual restrictions apply;
- Topping up of private pools and spas is only between 7 and 9am, 6 and 8pm and you must use a pool cover;
- Cars can be washed at home on the lawn with a bucket between 9am and midday;
- First fill of new pools is only by council permission and using a pool cover;
- Washing down walls and paved surfaces is not permitted.
Under the odds and evens system for watering, if the street number of your property is odd you can water on odd-numbered calendar days or on the even days if your street number is even.
If you don't have a street number, water on even days.
If you need more information or water conservation tips contact Central Tablelands Water in Blayney on 63917200 or see their website www.ctw.nsw.gov.au