Suspected electrical fault sparks blaze at Woodstock Hotel

Preliminary investigations into a fire at the Woodstock Hotel have deemed a suspected electrical fault to be the cause of the blaze.

Canobolas RFS District Officer, Lachlan Allan, said RFS crews were notified of a structure fire at the hotel at approximately 10.44am on Monday.

"A crew from Woodstock Brigade were notified locally by residents and responded straight away," Mr Allan said.

"When they got onsite, they observed smoke issuing from the second storey.

"They straight away got to work with hose lines to try and fight the fire externally... that was the safest option until Fire and Rescue showed up from Cowra."

Kangaroo Flat RFS and Cowra Police also attended the scene.

Mr Allan said the blaze caused fire, smoke and water damage to at least three rooms on the second storey of the establishment.

"It's been deemed as a suspected electrical fault in one of the rooms, resulting in the fire igniting," he said.

"No suspicious circumstances at this stage, although further investigation will most likely follow on. No occupants were in the building at the time."