A man will appear in court today charged after a passenger was seriously injured in a single-vehicle crash in Parkes earlier this week.
A 28-year-old man was injured when he was thrown from a ute when it left Hartigan Avenue and rolled just after 7pm on Wednesday, June 3.
NSW Ambulance paramedics treated the man at the scene before he was airlifted to Liverpool Hospital in a critical but stable condition with serious head and arm injuries.
Officers from Central West Police District attended and an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the crash commenced by the Crash Investigation Unit.
Following inquiries, police attended a home on Westcott Parade in Parkes about 8pm on Thursday, June 4, and arrested a 26-year-old man.
He was taken to Parkes Police Station where he was charged with five offences:
- Dangerous driving occasioning grievous bodily harm (drive manner dangerous)
- Fail to stop and assist after vehicle impact causing grievous bodily harm
- Negligent driving occasioning grievous bodily harm
- Never Licensed person drive on road
- Not give particulars to police.
The man, from Gunningbland, has been refused bail to appear at Dubbo Local Court on Friday, June 5.