$5000 in funding for music festival

Cabonne Council has been asked to make a $5000 donation to Baroquefest which will be held in October.

Cabonne Council has been asked to make a $5000 donation to Baroquefest which will be held in October.

Following its success in 2016 organisers of the Canowindra Baroquefest have asked Cabonne Shire to contribute $5000 towards what it hopes will be an annual event.

In recommending the council contribute the funds towards the 2017 event, Cabonne Shire general manager Stephen Harding said this year’s festival would offer a blend of day and night performances that will stimulate interest.

“It is a celebration of fine music that presents four concerts, busking, art, dinners, wine and VIP events utilising a variety of Canowindra venues,” Mr Harding said.

Baroquefest has been successful in attracting musicians from around the region, state and internationally who have contributed in a positive way to the fine music education of school students.

Cabonne Council also provided $5000 in funding for last year’s Baroquefest.

This year's festival will open at the former Walkers store on Friday, October 13 and feature artists such as The Song Company, Rachael Beesley (Baroque violinist), the Limestone Consort and The Academy Singers.