We are well and truly in the lead up to Christmas Day and if you’re anything like me, then you still have a lot of Christmas shopping to do before December 25!
As the Regional Manager for the Western NSW Business Chamber, I’m encouraging everyone throughout Western NSW to buy local and shop local this Christmas period. I’m often asked, why is it important to shop locally when I can get what I need online or in Sydney and potentially at a cheaper price? Quite simply;
· If we don’t support our local businesses, then they will cease to exist and we will no longer have access to those products or services.
· Small business employs over 60% of the Australian workforce, so you are supporting Canowindra’s small businesses to provide jobs locally – important for us and for our young people
· It keeps our money local and helps our local communities grow and thrive
· You can beat personalised service – someone who knows their products inside and out will be able to guide you to make the perfect gift choice!
· Often you will find unique, handcrafted and special items
· Don’t assume online is always cheaper – check with our local supplier’s first
· And you can shop online with our local retailers too, and they offer the same convenience as a major overseas retailer does.
Imagine the difference it would make to our communities if we all made the conscious effort to support our local businesses, producers and suppliers!
Vicki Seccombe, Regional Manager, Western NSW Business Chamber